At École des Ponts ParisTech, all students must spend some of their degree program abroad, whether studying or in an internship.
There is now a minimum requirement for common examination students on the engineering program: they must spend at least eight continuous weeks abroad during the program. In practice, École des Ponts students spend an average of one year of their training outside France.
- On the short internship: professional experience in a functional project, for two months between the 2nd and 3rd year. More than 50% of short internships are done abroad.
- On the long internship: experience as a novice engineer in a company, for one year between the 2nd and 3rd year. More than 25% of long internships are undertaken abroad.
- During the end of course project: a genuine professional project, one semester at the end of the 3rd year.
- As part of a double-degree: academic program that culminates in a degree from École des Ponts ParisTech and from a partner university.
- As a third year spent abroad: academic study for one or two semesters in a foreign university. Almost half the students who enter the School via examination will spend a year in a partner university during their degree.