École des Ponts ParisTech is involved in several forms of societal engagement. In 2009, for example, it initiated a tutorship program called the “Expérience Ouverture” with several local schools. In addition, every year it takes part in the national Cordées de la Réussite initiative as head of the Gershwin rope with Académie de Créteil. Every year, the students run the programme to support high school and college students on their path to higher education.
Every year, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech, withe the association Dévelop'Ponts, runs an open information day for high-school students. The Cordées de la réussite aim to promote access to higher education for young people from all socio-cultural backgrounds, by giving them the keys to successfully commit to courses of excellence.
- to provide high school students with information on all the strands of higher education
- to motivate them to consider future careers with potential
- to demystify high-quality education and combat self-censorship
- young people from lycées located in problem areas and small towns, which do not offer preparatory classes for France’s grandes écoles,
- high-school students socially unexposed to the existence of higher education opportunities and how to access them.