École des Ponts ParisTech regularly evaluates its sustainable development and social responsibility practices (SD&SR), on the basis of the Loi Grenelle criteria proposed by the Conferences of Grandes Écoles Conference and of University Presidents. A level of self-assessment and an action plan have been set for each set of criteria.
A certified High Energy Performance Building, Coriolis is one of the few educational buildings in France to have achieved an exceptional level in the construction phase. It obtained the "exceptional" ranking in the NF HQE Tertiary Buildings category on 17 January 2014. The building consumes 50% less energy than the benchmark level for conventional consumption since it achieves 114% energy savings. This exceptional performance makes the building eligible to obtain the highest energy performance label issued by CertiVéa: the BEPOS label.
Since 2020, the Carnot Building has been undergoing an extensive renovation to reduce energy consumption by 10%.
- Adapted air quality: changes made to 36 air units to best adjust the ventilation of classrooms and offices depending on the number of occupants.
- More reliable heating: improvement of heating systems in order to limit energy loss and improve user comfort by ensuring a homogenous temperature in the offices. The Carnot-Cassini building will soon be connected to the Cité Descartes heating network.
- Improved lighting: replacement of light fixtures in work spaces and corridors.
This new equipment will function with presence detectors and take natural daylight into account.
Bienvenue is a Low-Energy Building with thick walls due to extra insulation.
- High Environmental Performance Certification (2008 criteria) emphasising the relationship with the environment, energy management, upkeep and maintenance, comfort.
- Low-Energy Building (2005) through an overall bioclimatic design programme: orientation, architectural design, ventilation, energy management and geothermics.
- Evolution toward a positive energy building through the production of pholtovoltaic energy.