Applying for a degree program


Any student who has completed a first-year engineering program at École des Ponts ParisTech (through entry by the French national competitive examination or university selection) has the opportunity to obtain a parallel degree from one of École des Ponts ParisTech’s partner universities abroad.

UNDER DOUBLE-DEGREE AGREEMENTS in engineering or science

Under a double-degree agreement, a third year of study in a foreign university is equivalent to a full year at the School. This means that students who go down this path can obtain both the École des Ponts ParisTech degree and a degree from the partner university.


You can also apply to foreign universities which have no institutional exchange agreement with École des Ponts, provided that the program is one of the courses approved by the School, and subject to the agreement of your Department Head, in order to take a Masters degree (minimum duration two semesters).
Every year, a list of so-called “approved” courses, which the School accepts as a replacement for its own third-year program and which is valid for the award of an engineering degree, will be available in each department.

Access to degree-programs abroad